FOUR FEATHERS PRESS ONLINE EDITION: PIE SIGHS Send up to three poems on the subject of or at least mentioning the words pie and/or sigh, totaling up to 150 lines in length, in the body of an email message or attached in a Word file to donkingfishercampbell@gmail.com by 11:59 PM PST on March 15th. No PDF's please. Color artwork is also desired. Please send in JPG form. No late submissions accepted. Poets and artists published in Four Feathers Press Online Edition: Pie Sighs will be published online and invited to read at the Saturday Afternoon Poetry Zoom meeting on Saturday, March 16th between 3 and 5 pm PDT.

Saturday, March 16, 2024

gia civerolo

cherry pie pomo haiku

 

Cherry pie with ice

Cream on top, shook the chaos

the cave of her chest




i hate milk

 

I hate milk, so I won’t cry

if it gets spilled across the kitchen 

table dripping tears for you

on a dirty linoleum floor

 

Killing two birds with one stone

feathers wafting down

collecting in a pink satin pillow

I can sleep on while having 

nightmares of birds falling from the

sky landing on a gray sidewalk 

splatting a red stain to step over

 

You stabbed me in the back

leaving the knife twisting

in the wind with the sound

of thunder clapping hands

getting a standing ovation

for your work

 

I lost all my marbles again today

You plucked the winning ones

swirling colors of my eyes

black holes now, where I can only 

see the last image of you

 

How did you find the last straw

hiding on the camel's back

with two humps shaped like

my tits before they began to sag

between the needle and the haystack

 

You can say that again but

please don’t as your words

keep ringing my bell while

Quasimodo hangs at the

end, gargoyles watching

 

No pain no gain?

Pain keep pulsating

to the beat of my heart

looking for that once in a

blue moon tingling feeling

 

Speak of the devil, he appears 

beckoning for me to cuddle

next to him while hell freezes over

Fire rages on the perimeter

I am mesmerized by the flames

 

I wish your ignorance was bliss

but the darkness cloaks the world

Pretending to be dress smart

 

I want my pie in the sky

sitting on the clouds

Scooping them up like 

Spoon fulls of vanilla ice cream

 

When life gives me lemons

Fuck the lemonade unless

you add vodka with a sugar rim

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CLS Sandoval

I Made You Something Special [Again] I wove cotton around until the loom turned into a rainbow The clouds only opened to place a waterfall i...