FOUR FEATHERS PRESS ONLINE EDITION: PIE SIGHS Send up to three poems on the subject of or at least mentioning the words pie and/or sigh, totaling up to 150 lines in length, in the body of an email message or attached in a Word file to donkingfishercampbell@gmail.com by 11:59 PM PST on March 15th. No PDF's please. Color artwork is also desired. Please send in JPG form. No late submissions accepted. Poets and artists published in Four Feathers Press Online Edition: Pie Sighs will be published online and invited to read at the Saturday Afternoon Poetry Zoom meeting on Saturday, March 16th between 3 and 5 pm PDT.

Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Pamela Shea

Pies, Glorious Pies


Oh, pies make me sigh

I’ve yet to meet a bad one

Except for rhubarb

Which was rather unnerving

Therefore no second serving

 

The ones I like best

Tend to startle teeth fillings

With their sugar surge

And I cannot fight the urge

For just a small sliver more

 

I really fancy

Lemon meringue, so dreamy

And oh, so fluffy

So add that one to my list

Of preferred pies with a twist

 

Pecan? – Oh, Mon Dieu!

My mother was a great cook

And this was present

At all of our Thanksgivings

Alongside pumpkin, of course

 

I could go on more

But I am getting hungry

I’m also drooling

And no, I am not fooling

So I’m now off to the store

 

Adieu, adieu, to yieu and yieu and yieu!



No comments:

Post a Comment

CLS Sandoval

I Made You Something Special [Again] I wove cotton around until the loom turned into a rainbow The clouds only opened to place a waterfall i...